Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Wildflowers on a Nebraska Evening -- July 2018

On July 4, 2018, I embarked on a busted storm chase in the southeastern portion of the Nebraska Sandhills. On my way home, outflow from storms to the north crossed NE-92 between Central City and St. Paul near sunset, creating beautiful lighting and sweeping over wildflowers and tallgrasses. Next to an abandoned house on a desolate stretch of Nebraska state route 92, I snapped this picture looking eastbound. Compared to other 4th of July celebrations that I've had over the past decade, this was quite serene, as most of the day was spent in forgotten corners of central Nebraska. Unfortunately, I missed the Seward fireworks display an hour and a half later, as outflow from the northern storm complex led the organizers to (smartly) move the fireworks launch up by about a half hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment