Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Autumn Harvest in the Loess Hills -- October 2019

In mid-October 2019, I took a day for hiking and photography at Waubonsie State Park in southwest Iowa and Brickyard Hill Conservation Area in northwest Missouri, as well as surrounding parts of the I-29 corridor near the Iowa/Missouri state line. Much of the fall foliage in the Missouri River floodplain (primarily cottonwood trees) and surrounding Loess Hills lining the Missouri River was peaking at this time. 

When driving from Lincoln to Waubonsie State Park in the morning, I noticed an assortment of hay bales on a farm off of Iowa State Route 2, just to the east of I-29. Thankfully, the weather cooperated later that day, such that the golden hour lighting on the recently harvested hay field, combined with foliage in the Loess Hills, made for a pleasant pastoral scene.

 

I'll probably include photos from other parts of this day trip in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment